Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Where's Waldo, Carmen, and the Leavitt Family?


Preston leaves early (like 5:00 a.m. early) tomorrow for a business trip, and after being married nearly two years I still hate the times when we're apart.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of being with him.  How do you wives of traveling husbands do it?

We got news from Purdue University today:  Preston is accepted to the MBA program and received a 50% tuition and living expense coverage via an assistantship.  This is great news.

Buuuuuuuut, we are in a pinch.

The U of Rochester, which notified Preston of his acceptance a few weeks ago, wants commitment by Friday via a $500 deposit.  The MBA program there offered a 40% tuition scholarship.  So, Preston is leaving town for three days and nights and we have a big decision to make.  And, to top it off, Friday is my mom's birthday.  I'm feeling the burden.  Just kidding.  My mom's birthday is only ever a party.  But the pressure is on as we determine not only what program will be best, but what faculty, community, and living expense will fit our needs and desires.

We are still waiting to hear from Cornell, U of Akron, and U of Minnesota.  U of Tulsa (where we almost ended up last fall) is still an option as well.

According to Google Maps, Indiana looks pretty appealing to me.  Oh those trees!


No comments:

Post a Comment