Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Projects lately

I am trying to hold back on doing anything to our apartment that I get attached to since we'll be moving in a few months, but I can't help but do a few things here and there to make it feel like a home.

Like making a Norman Rockwell wall out of a calendar and an old foam poster board.

We have a bit of a contemporary feel to our bedroom which happened somewhat spontaneously and which took us both by surprise as we lean traditional.  But I've loved the energy I feel from our room, and the stripes and bold colors of the calendar pages only added.

I also wasn't sure about how I'd feel painting the picture frame the exact color of the dresser (using left over paint from the dresser project) but it flows nicely and makes the picture stand out.  *remembering this for the future


My other project I have to admit does not excite me quite as much.  I love the idea of the open frame, but against a white wall the detail of the lace and clothes pins gets lost.  Meh.  I'll mess around with it.  Maybe just one large canvas picture free hanging in the center.  Or a frame within a frame.  In any case, the yellow frame has a lot of potential.  And it was fun to paint.  I think I want to sand it down a bit more to show the white undercoat better.  


Welp, I welcome your thoughts.

~K


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps some different colored lace in your yellow frame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hadn't thought of that! I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks!

      Delete