Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Own Lil' Bow Wow

This video is floating around Facebook and other social networks.  I almost passed up watching it.  I'm glad I didn't. For some reason I got really into it.  I won't admit how much.  But watch it and let the energy carry you for days.  So proud of the many missionaries in my life.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865572453/More-than-80-Olympus-High-School-graduates-open-Mormon-mission-calls-in-new-YouTube-video-video.html#ooid=NjeGg1OTr3NnT6oigEe0oacCMfd1jEa5

Something else to stir your thoughts:

"I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument,
while the song I came to sing remains unsung."
--Tagore

Or, as Oliver Wendell Holmes put it,

"Many people die with their music still in them.  Why is this so?
Too often it is because they're always getting ready to live."

I've let my song remain unsung a bit too much lately--or, more accurately, my song has been more of a whine--as I lament each day that goes by without my having a puppy.

Friends, I really, really want a puppy.  Like I spend my nights browsing the Best Friends Animal Society website regularly.

But alas, I don't live in a place that allows a puppy.

Awhile back, Preston tried to stem my heartache with Winston.  I sure love Winston, but cuddle-bear as he is, he doesn't wag his tail.

Can you get enough of  that happy face?  He's alive in there, I swear.
When my laments continued, Preston surprised me one day with a guinea pig.  This guy was a regular rockstar I tell you.  But a rockstar that pooped a lot.  I'll poop-scoop dog poop, but approximately 3,267 guinea pig droppings a day (half of which ended up in my lap) was too much for me.  So we returned Oscar.

Can't find his face?  Neither could we for a few hours.
And finally, in a moment of brilliance, Preston thought of something that "wags" its tail and won't poop in my lap.

People, meet Laverne and Shirley.



I am smitten.

Until I get Fido, that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment