Friday, February 22, 2013

Some Days in Review

THURSDAY
*The highlight of my Valentine's Day differed this year.  I had to work a double shift at the restaurant, so Preston spent the night with ESPN and a pizza.  While at work I received this little message that made me as giddy as a kid on the first day of school:


"I hope that's okay with you"... I promise, Pres, you have my consent.

FRIDAY
*We attended the temple Friday afternoon and afterward met some friends for dinner at Paradise Bakery.  I forget every time how darn good those cookies are.  Man.
*We rushed home to catch the SUU gymnastics meet that night.  Those girls are so tough.
*After the meet, I caught the 9:35 showing of Safe Haven with a girlfriend.  It was a good movie, but mostly I'm obsessed with Julianne Hough's hair.

SATURDAY
*We went snowboarding again.  It was such a beautiful day!
*We shared a lift seat with none other than the president of the Angels.  Like, the MLB Angels.  He was in the billboard business before being called over through an acquaintance for the Angels job.  Guys, anything is possible.
*We ate PB & J sandwiches, Cheetos  and dried mangos at the top of Navajo and watched people biff it off the lift.  We had to stick our heads together to stifle our giggles.  What fun.

SUNDAY
*That night we were both stir crazy, so we relived some old times and played with play dough.


















Preston made the purple people eater our first Valentine's day as an engaged couple.
I won't get rid of him. 


MONDAY
*I worked another double shift.
*Preston planned the most awesome FHE.   I got off late, so we didn't get to start until after 9:00, but after a frustrating night it was exactly what I needed.  When I got home I put on my fuzzy Tinkerbell pajama pants and a sweatshirt, curled up on the couch, and then Preston handed me my shoes and said, "Let's go."  Bewildered, I obeyed.  We began at the nearby Maverick where we made some insanely rich and good hot chocolate, and then we drove up Cedar Canyon and listened to Elder Holland's CES fireside from last fall. Looking at the cliff faces, evergreens, and stars, everything just felt so much bigger.  It reminded me to not get worked up over little inconveniences from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment