Monday, February 11, 2013

More Gems and a Tribute

It's time for some Weekly Gems:

*The sweet old lady at the SUU women's locker room who was curling her hair next to me.  We'd both swam laps that morning, and as we prettied ourselves in our own ways she chatted happily about her upcoming breakfast party at Denny's.  She wished me well multiple times, complimenting my youth.  What she couldn't know was how fulfilled I felt by her attitude in old age.

*Two batches of chocolate chip cookies in one week--both my favorite recipes.  Yes, we shared, but Pres and I got to eat our fill, too.

*Daddy-daughter date with Papa Mark last Saturday.  By the end of the evening he had at one point or another all of his daughters join him.  We got delicious food at Don Miguel, watched the SUU men's basketball team seal another win, and topped off the night with delicious frozen yogurt from Krave.  Their Red Velvet was so so good.

(I have to say, I sure enjoy this family!  I'm grateful they've welcomed me with such open arms.  And since we had a night dedicated to my father-in-law, I might as well expand.)

Some of my favorite things about Mr. Mark:

His laugh
His bright smile
The way he says "How we doin'?!"
The way he can cook meat so tender and cut it so thin
The way he calls me Miss Kels
His passion about his family's welfare
His ability to be anyone's friend
His stories, especially the ones about growing up with his brothers


Thanks for being you, Papa Mark!

(There was no picture of me with my eyes open to choose from, ok?)

No comments:

Post a Comment