Friday, February 22, 2013

A Treat for {Him}

Preston has been gone for three days.  He'll be home at 2:00 a.m. and I'm so ready for him to be back.  Since he worked so hard, I thought I'd give him a little treat.  Then I remembered all the junk we already have around the house.  So I opted for something calorie free and a little more memorable.  I got the idea {here}




Here is the text of the message:


You bet it could.
      Apparently, the husband at hand has a smile to melt the heart of any being on the planet, and probably some beyond.  Sources say his heart is made of gold.
     “He holds his wife’s hand in public, which is great, but even sweeter is the way he holds his grandma’s hand,” a spectator stated.  “What I wouldn’t give to have a man like him.”
      Preston Leavitt, the husband in question, is a small town boy but with a mind to fill the universe.  He grew up mingling with people of all walks and as a result gained a compassion and kindness beyond compare.
     “I can’t believe he picked me,” his wife stated.  “But then again, with the ability to see good in anyone, I can believe it.”
     Preston’s three sisters agree.  “You’ve never met a person so sweet,” said Jenny, 32, as Lauren, 24, and Ashley, 30, nodded in agreement.   And it isn’t just females who love the guy.
      “He’s been my friend through thick and thin, and I can’t imagine where I’d be without him,” stated Joe, 26.  Preston opened his heart to Joe as a teenager, and the child who grew up in foster care became the brother Preston never had. 

So what to do with a guy as good as this?  Well, publishing an honorary article in The New York Times is a start.  And after that?  Pay it forward.
  
Penny Manship has been revealing good people through writing for 65 years.  She can be reached at p.manship@crossyourtees.com


Love is in the details, friends.

1 comment: