Wednesday, October 9, 2013

{Gems} Challah, Pumpkins, and Gregory Peck

My weekend came to a close with a wicked sore throat that refuses to recognize defeat.  I, however, also refuse to recognize defeat, and while I may hole up in bed for a bit, I will come out conqueror--because my birthday is next week, and I will not be sick on my birthday.  

Determined as I am to get better, I need to revamp my attitude and recognize some gems in my life. 

This week, I'm grateful for loyal friends with a great bedside manner and a window sharing a gorgeous October sky.


For red leaves, tractor rides, and pumpkin patches with white pumpkins.



For haunted corn mazes and a reminder that "lost" is an adventure.


For a date night tradition begun long ago with my best friend that always gives my week a boost.


And for homemade Challah with marion blackberry jam, eaten while I crush on Gregory Peck all over again during Roman Holiday.


Here's to hoping I can kick this cold in the head so hard that it'll leave mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment