Wednesday, October 2, 2013

{DIY} TV Stand Facelift


Good morning, friends!  It's a good day because there are only 16 days until my birthday.  :)

The previous residents of the house we're renting left us their entertainment center.  It matched our furniture alright, but it darkened the room a bit more than I liked.  Since overhead lighting is not a "thing" here in Indiana, I'm doing anything I can to brighten up the rooms.  So I opted for the nontraditional and painted this thing ivory.  And we actually really like it.  I always forget to take good before pictures, so the only one I have is after we've taken off the doors and hardware and I've sanded it down.


And voila!  A bright entertainment center in just a few hours.  (Although do you see what I mean with the rooms being so dark?  It is "lamp light mood" at all hours.)  I'm still considering adding some hand-painted detail to the knobs and door corners--maybe during the depressing winter months.


I hope you all are having a fantastic week!  We're looking forward to some doggy play dates and time enjoying the change of the season.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment