Wednesday, October 16, 2013

{Book} Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

This book was mesmerizing, infuriating, enlightening, empowering, exhausting, frustrating, powerful, sad, funny, and ironic all in 230 pages.  I knocked it out within 24 hours.  I feel conflicted after reading it; this book gave me a night of insomnia--a night filled with thoughts and concerns about culture, parenthood, ambition, and happiness.

I also wonder if Amy Chua has discovered a way to add a 25th hour to her day, based on what she seems to accomplish.  Geez.

Read this book.  It will change you, in some little way at least.

1 comment:

  1. So have you read the book I left there for you. It too will leave you with a full "bag" of emotions. You will also cherish your best friend even more as you enjoy your journey together.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete