Thursday, June 20, 2013

DIY Graphic Tee

Remember forever ago when I asked for opinions on a design for a graphic tee? (See post here)

Well, I finally got around to making it. I chose the bike for a few reasons. First, it's whimsical, and as summer approached, I just wanted to wear around a whimsical bike. Second, I felt that it would be easier and more logical for my first try at this type of thing.  I didn't do "velo" like I was planning because I don't want to regret it, so I thought I'd wear the shirt around a bit and then add the word later if I feel the shirt needs it.

I used a fabric paint marker and finished much faster than expected, to my delight.


This is right after I finished. Preston was pretty excited himself and encouraged me to hurry and put it on. (Which is my way of saying this picture isn't of a complete "outfit," if you couldn't tell by the bare feet.)



I've already got sketches of my next few shirt designs, including the bird that was in the running for this project :) 

Tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's awesome and I'm totally gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I've loved mine and can't wait to make another one! I think you'll be really pleased. :)

      Delete