Tuesday, April 30, 2013

T-shirt Refashion: Send me your input!

You guys, I have this blank canvas and I'm going crazy with ideas.  So I need your help.

Basically, I have this plain white t-shirt that I'm dying to turn into a graphic tee.  I got the shirt a couple years ago on clearance at Down East (one of those high neck long sleeved things) and have never worn it.

Last week, my mother-in-law helped me shorten the sleeves and give them cuffs.  I've already worn the shirt plain and love it for its versatility, but I'm still set on accessing my inner designer and giving it some pizzazz.  



Which is where you all come in!  I've come up with some designs, but the possibilities really seem endless, so I'd love for you to give me your vote on one of the designs I've sketched or copied, or direct me to something even greater that I haven't discovered.

I'm thinking I want to go solid black, or a solid light blue, for the design.

Here is what I have:

Birds.  Who doesn't love birds?  Especially as silhouettes.  The options go way beyond these few I've included.




French words.  In cursive.  Because those two things are pretty.
Filippino words, because Preston speaks Filippino.
Other little symbols (bike, hot air balloon, sail boat, anchor, etc.), some of which I've combined with French words in cursive.
Like I said, I've got too many ideas.


Here are just a few sketches of what the shirt could look like.  I can't decide whether to keep the attention down or up.  (You know how you have to be careful with a tee.  Don't want to draw the wrong attention.)



So?  What do you think?  Suggestions encouraged.


3 comments:

  1. I like the bird on a branch avec oiseau. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bike with the fancy word. Like, I'd buy that. You are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like the bird with the branch, but probably not with "oiseau" as it's too redundant (in my little opinion). I'd do a French word like "Libre" or "l'air" instead.

    ReplyDelete