Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thoughts on the Boston Marathon

Yesterday, I was too angry and sad to write anything about the tragedy in Boston.  I felt sick to my stomach that someone could and would commit such an act.  I imagined the nervous excitement of a first time participant that morning, recommitting to the race and his/her strategy, too anxious to eat breakfast, never even considering that a bomb could destroy the finish.  My heart hurt.

Though I was not the most fun wife, thankfully my husband was calm and hopeful.  He reminded me of 2 Kings 6:15-17.  Others have alluded to these verses as well, for which I'm grateful.

Also, I read this blog post from The Everywhereist, which closely reflected my feelings and reactions. Grateful for the quote at the end:

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, “The good outnumber you, and we always will.”

--Patton Oswalt

So here is to a new day where I remember to hope, where I remember a God more powerful than any tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment