Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review

I think it's time for another new word.

Today's word is berceuse.
It is a musical composition similar to a lullaby, usually in 6/8 time.  How's that for a turn?

***

I'm changing jobs for the summer, and so when I ordered a sandwich at the restaurant where I work I told the chef to make it extra special.  This is how he do:


It's the Bacon Cheddar Chicken for you local peeps.

***

We had a wedding up north last weekend, and so we got the chance to spend a few days with my parents and siblings.  Everyone spent each possible moment outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather. (Good thing since yesterday it snowed up there :\  Bummer!)

I had an enchanting moment while lingering around my parents' little pond.  A lady duck flew in and began wading.  Apparently she's been hanging around the pond, and her mate often joins her. We sat staring at each other for a moment, and then I tipped my head sideways.  She tipped her head sideways, too.  I thought it was a fluke, so I did it again.  And she did it again.  I'm not kidding, this went on for at least two minutes, the two of us looking at each other and tipping our heads.  Finally, I called to my nearby family to come see.  But as the stories go, something enchanting like that does not perform on command; when the others walked near she turned her back and hid in the plants.

Lucky for me, however, she let me glimpse her personality.

***

Also, check out my mom's exercise habits:



Chocolate chips on the elliptical rider.  Naturally.

***

Lastly, here are some photos from the last week.  I'm so happy the blossoms are out.  (And crossing my fingers they don't all blow away in this wind.)






No comments:

Post a Comment