Saturday, May 18, 2013

Eat Chocolate and Be Merry

Awhile back, while I was laying in bed one night, I began thinking too much.  I turned to Preston and began sharing my soul and my latest sin: buying a bunch of rich, chocolaty ingredients in order to try out a brownie lava cake recipe I found on Pinterest.  What a waste of money!  I told him.  What if we lose everything?! This was such a stupid purchase! I'm sorry!

He laughed.  Then he reminded me why I like to eat dessert early in the day.  If you're going down, you might as well go down having already eaten the really good stuff.

So I forgave myself the unnecessary expense and resolved to make the lava cake.

And, under a stroke of good karma, Preston loved this dessert.  (I, for the record, did not find much magical about it, but you can't win every time.)

Here is the link:

http://www.theyummylife.com/Brownie_Lava_Cakes

IMG_0081crop.jpg
This picture is from the website.  I lacked all but the lava cake, so no pretty pictures from me.

Go make yourself a brownie lava cake, or whatever delish dish you've been dying to eat, and enjoy those extraneous things that we often scorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment