Friday, June 14, 2013

How to Look Lovely--DIY Painted Quote on Canvas

Happy Friday!  I hope you all have fun plans for the weekend.

I saw this graphic art on Pinterest with a saying that I love. (You'll have to scroll for about ever to find the actual art, just a warning.  Or you can just check out my Pinterest profile.)  I also just got a new office for work.  So, I determined that I would make my own art, using canvas and acryllic paint, to hang in my new office.  Though I did not intend to use the same design at all as the original, I ended up following it pretty closely.

I tell you what, this project was a beast.  But worth it, I think.
Materials:


This project had many, many steps, most of which I didn't document.  But the following pictures give a gist of the process.



(Sorry about the poor lighting)




I ended up disliking the red, and so had to paint over those scallops.


Painting the actual saying was by far the most technical part.  If I painted for too long, I got tired and sloppy.  I had many "whoops" moments that added quite a few minutes to the project.  But obviously I finally made it.  Though it's not perfect, the final project is pleasing.


Here it is hanging in my office.  You like?



And there you have it!  The RX for looking lovely.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment