Sunday, March 30, 2014

{Travel} Louisville, KY & Nashville, TN--Part I

Preston and I had a slim window during his spring break to get away for a couple of days.  We took advantage of our proximity to other states and ran off.

We started in Louisville, Kentucky to visit the Latter-Day Saint temple.  Once our time at the temple concluded, we ventured over to none other than The Harvest House, where we were staying.  When Em announced on her blog that they were opening up their home to guests, I knew it would be perfect for our little getaway.  And it was.  I could have relaxed in their home all evening it was so cozy.


Obviously, I was a little more than excited to stay here and meet Tim (Em was out of town), one of the writers of those sweet, inspirational daily letters.  Their home is stunning.




This banana bread was one of the best loaves I've ever had.  Serious.  I've got to get my hands on that recipe.


Pres and I were so tired from all the work leading up to the getaway that we laid on the bed just taking in the peace.  The light coming through the windows was perfect to refresh and encourage us.






We spent a night on the town taking in the Bohemian shops and restaurants and enjoying Blues music.


The next morning, when it was time to go, we were sent off by an energetic and friendly River. 


Thanks, Louisville, you were fun!  On to Nashville...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you found a wonderful B & B !!! Sounds so lifting to the spirit

    ReplyDelete