Thursday, March 6, 2014

{Book} Paris In Love (Eloisa James)

As I have mentioned, my schedule is all over the place right now.  If I have any time to read at all, it usually comes in 5-10 minute increments.  When such is the case, I usually skip reading altogether because it's just too hard to get into a book and out of it again in such a short time.  But luckily for me, Paris in Love is the perfect book for "incremental reading".  The story is constructed in snippets--a memoir built out of social media posts and little records jaunted down here and there from Eloisa James' time in Paris.  And so, picking the story up and putting it down again in 5 minutes time is very easy.  By finishing a paragraph, I can finish an entire thought process.

This little excerpt from a moment between James and her husband is one of my favorites, and gives--I think--a great sample of the book's wit and charm:

"Last night I asked Alessandro if he ever lies in bed and thinks about chocolate--say, about the way dark chocolate feels in your mouth, or how different it is when spiked with orange peel.  He said no.  Then he said that the only time he thinks about food in bed is when he wakes up in the middle of the night and wants steak.  Somewhere in that clash lies a profound truth about the difference between the sexes."


Also, James likes to talk about food as much as I do.  So naturally, I enjoy her book.

Happy reading, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment