Tuesday, November 19, 2013

{Recipe Share} Rocky Road Cookies

Since the husband and I do whatever we can to help us look forward to Mondays, I try to prepare a treat to munch on during our evening weekly planning and spiritual thought.

I got {this} Rocky Road cookie recipe from Fifteen Spatulas and have been really excited to try it.

photo credit Joann Ozug at Fifteen Spatulas

Oh my heavens.  These Rocky Road cookies are so delicious.  The toasted almonds give it an incredible flavor.  I sliced my own almonds in my food processor, which gave me a nice almond powder as well, which I included in my dough.  The almond powder lent the cookie a wonderful texture.

I did have a little trouble with the cookies sticking to the parchment paper, but I think a little more cook time or a little more almond/fewer chocolate chips would have helped with that.  Also, to store the cookie, you need to wrap each one in wax or parchment paper before putting them in tupperware or a bag because they are so gooey.

But this recipe is easy and SO mouth watering.  (Warning: It's rich I tell ya.  Like, you might get feverish if you eat more than one cookie.)

Let me know if you try it!

Happy indulging,

Kelsi

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelsi! I finally found your blog (thanks to Facebook I think). You really do have a knack for this blog thing! I love reading your posts and your adorableness just flows off the page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you are so sweet. Thank you for your encouragement. Sometimes I just want to stop this blogging stuff, but then comments like this help me keep going. So thank you!

      Delete