Friday, August 16, 2013

When I'm Alone

Preston and I have been nearly 2,000 miles apart for two weeks now. So last night I treated myself to ice cream after a trip to the temple.

I have been getting the same thing at Maggie Moos for 5 years now: the Better Batter Cake Carnival.

Guys, it is the best thing since honey butter.

Enjoy this with me: cake batter ice cream tumbled with swirls of fudge, chunks of Twix, and homemade cookie dough (yeah, the real stuff, not those little pebbles thawed the night before).

Two weeks ago, before Preston left, we stopped at Maggie Moos between packing and I cleared one of these no problem. That was at 3:00 in the afternoon.

Last night at 9:30 and on an empty stomach, I must admit that I doubted myself as I worked through the huge treat. But I couldn't let myself quit. So I sat in my car enjoying the night air and the occasional hum of a passing vehicle and put that whole thing down, tummy ache, sugar shock, and all. And it was so worth it.

Next week, I follow Preston's lead and head out to our new home. Hang in there with me.  I'll update as often as I can.

In the meantime, treat yourself to the best ice cream around.

No comments:

Post a Comment