Monday, August 12, 2013

Dear Sibs, Remember our Ultimate Sibling Retreat?

Dear Sibs,

Today I reminisce on our recent weekend together, that "Ultimate Sibling Retreat" that Preston and I determined would serve as our last hurrah with you before the big move.  I'll remember those three days as hard play and harder laughter.

Thanks for that big breakfast on Friday morning that kicked-off the full weekend.  It served you boys well later that day when we drove up the mountain for a beautiful bike ride around Navajo Lake.  You showed that 12 mile loop who is boss!  Thanks, Sis, for the chats and cruising.








Remember how hard it rained in the valley that afternoon, but we got snow cones anyway?  And our Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night up at the cabin on the mountain were clear and beautiful as ever.  

What a view to wake up to, right alongside your best friends.





We delighted in that beauty as we played at the reservoir, Preston skipping rocks clear across its expanse.  What an arm.


Remember Geraldine?  Too bad she didn't want to stick around.  (Although, really, I think 3/5 of us happily watched her slither away.)



We scampered all over the place, climbing the highest rocks just so we could throw stuff off the top.


We made plans for our cave, if ever we had to live there: where the kitchen would be, where we'd each sleep, how we'd maintain our fire.  We'd all get to be the hunter.


And then we target practiced, like old times, filling up pop cans and watching them explode.


"Oh dear me, I nailed it first shot."  You know you were thinking it, Brother.





I know.  I remember.  Hey, I wasn't sure I was allowed to shoot a gun that heavy.

When I think back on our adventure together, I think of:

Kayaks
Hiking
Target Practice
Napping--all 5 of us strewn about the family room
Burgers and Brats
Texas Hold 'Em (don't tell Mom; we used chips!)
Good Conversation

What blessed kiddos we are to be within 6 years of age, having spent much of our lives as friends.   

Thanks, sibs, for making new memories as we delighted in the old.  We sure know how to play.  You each remind me of the power of imagination.  This is a time I'll cherish for always, and think back on when I'm missing you from 2,000 miles away!

Love Always,

The Biggest

No comments:

Post a Comment