Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah--So Cool!


Guys, I had the neatest experience.  I got to participate in the Tour of Utah, known as America's largest stage cycling race.  This was huge.

I spent most of Monday prepping and helping the Team Presentation production that the Utah Shakespeare Festival hosted.  I got to meet a lot of the teams.  Some of them just finished with the Tour de France.  Whaaaa?  And now they're here, ready to race again.

Tuesday was the first day of racing.  And it was incredible.

The race began at Brian Head, and day one ended in Cedar City.  By the last day (August 11) they will be in Park City.


^^This is the broadcast from inside the VIP tent.  I was lucky in that I got to stand both on the road to watch as the racers sped past the finish line, and turn around and see their progress on the t.v.  So cool.


Really, it was so exciting.  I had the goofiest grin I'm sure, I was so pumped.

I have video of the racers speeding by.  Gee whiz they are fast.  My heart raced for them!  Some of those guys climb hills at over 20 mph.

After the race, awards were given immediately to those who won stages and general time.

^^This is Fred Adams, the man who founded the Utah Shakespeare Festival.  Go Fred!



^^The famous jerseys.



What a grand time.  I hope to be involved again someday, and maybe then Preston can join in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment