Friday, July 12, 2013

You Hike the Subway in Zion, You Eat Like This

We hiked the Subway on Tuesday.  For those of you who don't know, it's a 12 miler that takes the majority of the day.  It is probably the toughest hike I've ever done.  A detailed post will be coming, but for now, the food I ate that day will suffice.  Hiking the Subway robs you of all resolve to eat balanced.

At 6:00 that morning, I started out alright.

Orange Dreamsicle Yogurt
Banana

Lunch was okay, too.

PB & J
Two Fiber One Granola Bars
Almonds

Then we finished the hike, and I went crazy all in the space of about 3 hours.

Oven Roasted Chicken sandwich
Double chocolate chip cookie
Molten Lava Cake from Chili's
Hot dog
Two giant baby back ribs
Four chocolate covered strawberries and blackberries

Whatever.  I hiked for 9 hours.  I earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment