Friday, July 26, 2013

A Lunch Date


Recently, I had to work during our weekly date night.  So, Preston and I scheduled a lunch date instead, and it was a real treat.  

We went to the Little Brick House so I could get my favorite Monte Cristo sandwich with jalapeƱo strawberry jelly.  (If you've never tried a Monte Cristo, you haven't lived yet.  Grilled ham, turkey, and swiss cheese on French toast, smothered in strawberry jelly.  Can't do much better than that.  The Little Brick House uses sourdough bread for theirs.  Mmm mmm.)



I sure love this guy.  And that sandwich.


With a big move on the near horizon, we were tempted to do a lot of planning.  But delving into each other's thoughts tickles us far more.  There is some real delight in knowing you have someone as equally loyal to you as you are to them, in knowing that the one who loves you also likes you, a lot.  Because "like" in a relationship is really important.

Also important for a relationship is custard.  In particular, white chocolate custard with pieces of Heath bar.  Happy wife, happy life...isn't that what they say?



Yeah.  We were excited.


I follow this blog called Today's Letters, and it is the neatest read.  I find myself smiling daily at Em's wit and her love of good beer and fishing.  Anyway, Em and her husband have weekly questions that they ask each other, and though Preston and I haven't implemented them specifically in our marriage, I find the questions a beautiful expression of loyalty and friendship.  Thanks, Em, for wisdom.

Man alive, I am one blessed girl to be married to my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I've never been to the Little Brick House, so, I guess I know where we're going for our next date night haha. (BTW this is Nick's wife..) anyways! I love Today's Letters also. I want so badly to be on their FPF feature ;) maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, me too! I swear I'm always telling Preston to do a fist pump for me. :)
      Thanks for stopping by the blog! Please keep "coming!" And also, I'm still dreaming about your little Koda Bear.

      Delete