Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Family Reunion in Loa, Utah


Preston and I attended the Leavitt Family Reunion in Loa, UT this past weekend.  We really enjoyed ourselves.  Two families could not attend, so our gathering was a bit smaller than in the past, but there were still plenty of kids running around and people to chat with.

We had the typical ice cream machine and in two days went through I think 10 gallons of ice cream.  There was something special about that ice cream this time.  It was so delicious!

On Saturday morning, Preston and I got up early to go on a walk.  Mornings in Loa are my favorite.  They are idyllic, with mountains and birds and mist just like in storybooks.  I took few pictures at the family reunion, but couldn't help trying to capture the magic of that summer morning.





We spent the afternoons playing yard games, watching a movie, doing crafts, and simply visiting.


And the best part of all was Grandma Anne's sourdough pancakes!  Man alive those things are good.  Especially with her homemade coconut or apple cider syrup.  I'm telling you, I just know these pancakes will be there during those periods of my life when I'll have ferocious cravings, if you know what I mean.  I have got to have her teach me how to make them (because, believe it or not, some pancakes are more complicated than mixing water and batter).


Lastly, today as I was going through pictures, I found probably 10 little surprises along the lines of these:



Thanks, baby Luke. :)  You're the cutest nephew ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment