Sunday, January 6, 2013

And so it begins...

Here it is.  My first blog post. After over a year of considering it.  'Bout time, eh?
The final push for starting this blog is my regretful documentation of our last year.  I want to remember these early years of our marriage, like a rainy day box, and so far I have not done well in writing down happy or important events.  My journal writing has sadly decreased, and when I do write, I focus on my feelings and thoughts, not events of our lives.  Both are important.  Hence the blog.
As it is the new year, I'll begin with a skinny picture of 2012.  (A very skinny picture--like, it's diet January skinny.)

January--I began my last semester of my undergrad. Preston turned in the last of his graduate school applications.
February--Luke came home from his mission.  And we got a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphey's for Valentine's day (and that's about as festive as it gets for us).
March--I swam my first mile.  It felt sooooo good.
April--We dealt with a family crisis that unified the bunch as we worked together in the months that followed.
May--I graduated from college, and then Preston and I celebrated our one year anniversary with a two week trip to Europe.  Is it possible to feel homesick for somewhere you only spent a few days?  Must be, because I feel it.
June--Mom and Dad Einfeldt took all the kiddos on a cruise to the Carribbean.  What fun we had.
July--A monumental month for sure.  We decided to postpone graduate school and stay in Cedar City.  The right decision it was, but we are still discovering the many purposes.  We vacationed in Mexico at the end of the month.
August--We ended our numerous summer vacations with a trip to Lake Powell.  Oh how I love that place.  Like, love love.  We mountain biked around Navajo Lake, conditioning our latest hobby.  I also learned a new skill as I sewed (with crucial help from my lady in-laws) 7, seven, seh-veh-n! new throw pillows to accent our new bedspread.  What a feat!
September--The highlight of the month was hands down SUU's Homecoming.  We sure love our college friends and any chance we get to reconnect with them.
October--You are never too old to get giddy about a birthday in my book, and so giddiness it was from me as we celebrated with lunch, an afternoon up the mountain, and then dinner and a play.  I LOVE birthdays.  Like I love Lake Powell.  Also, Preston shot his first deer.  What a man.
November--I received (and returned) Oscar the guinea pig.  Still miss that little guy.  Don't miss the numerous "surprises" he left on my lap.
December--Christmas is always a delight, but this year was extra special as Preston and I chose to do some secret Santas.  And as they were secret, that's as much detail as I'll give!  Also, another week in Mexico to welcome the new year.

We're looking forward to what 2013 brings.  I'm still in the discovery stage in regards to the purpose of this blog (and it's color scheme to get right down to it) so I expect some adjustments in that realm.  Hold on tight.

Adios for now my friends.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment