Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Softer Heart and Bigger Lungs

A valuable thought from the book I'm currently reading:

After finding a trashed clock in a Cambodian dump where she lives, the main character hangs it on the wall of her shack.  She says,

"Someday if we ever have the money, I want to take it to a clockmaker and have it repaired.  It's silly, I know, because buying a new clock would be less expensive.  Sometimes broken things deserve to be repaired."

Here's to recognizing when something (or someone) is worth repair, regardless the price.

***

On another note, I swam 2000 meters today.

I know, I know.

It has taken me way too long to push myself that far.

But woot woot for new distances!  Especially when I recall a few years ago when it took me an hour to finish 800 meters.

Also, I swam the mile comfortably (okay, mostly comfortably) under 40 minutes!  My love for this form of exercise is still going strong.

***

Lastly, found this treasure in my phone.  Car seat + 10 hour drive = faboosh!
Rock that 'do, Baby Luke.


And thanks to Preston, my suggestion that Wreck it Ralph looks like Ryan Reynolds is now proven.


Sweet dreams friends.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment