Monday, September 23, 2013

I'm Back

Well hello again.  It's been awhile.  Thanks for hanging in there during my break.

Last night, as our third and final set of visitors stepped out our front door, a Purdue student turned to me with a smile and said, "It's rough, being an MBA widow.  Good luck."  Busy has definitely made itself at home in our lives.  Preston put in a 17 hour day on Friday alone.  I've learned that if I want to do or see anything around town during this first year of Preston's schooling, I'm going to have to make friends or do it on my own.  Preston will have to rely on my stories to discover the charm of this place we call home.

But despite Preston's 60 hour weeks and my new role as "widow"
this is the life.

The days are cool and sunny, the smell of autumn everywhere, and I may roam the cornfields at leisure to soak it all in.  With a beautiful dog who loves us to death, practical jokes that leave us mad but laughing, a t.v. antenna that picks up football, friendly neighbors with whom to share homemade bread, health, great future prospects, and moments together made more special in their rarity, we. are. blessed.

Enjoy our recent captured moments:

















Have a good week, my friends.

~K

4 comments:

  1. aaahhhhh.... It's good to "read" you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsi, I love your perspective in both your words and your photos. I especially like the way you have begun to play with light. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! I totally dig the first photo.

    ReplyDelete