Wednesday, April 23, 2014

An Easter for Two

I hope you all had a lovely Easter.  The hubs and I had a quiet Sunday together.  My mom sent us quite the "mother load" (punny, I know) of Easter goodies that we enjoyed along with our own painted eggs and treats, and we got to spend dinner with some good friends eating hot Challah bread--something I'd like to become a tradition.



Though we both missed the bustle of family during a holiday, we had a serene afternoon at a nearby garden.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect for a reverent Easter Sunday.  I was in heaven.  The slightly overcast sky, the benches under the tree, the grass left to grow, spotted with wildflowers, and most especially the blossoms: it all took me right back to Europe.  I felt so homesick for Hyde park, Stratford, Paris, Bavaria--all places that I've smelled blossoms in May.


It was a romantic afternoon.  We made friends with a little cardinal who sang above our heads for a good while.  The cardinal's song is a beautiful one.

Enjoy some photos from our day.












I'm so grateful for spring, for second chances and blossoms that return every year, for a sense of smell that stirs fond memories, for a Savior who every day leads me a little bit closer to my ultimate self.

1 comment: